"The classic paranormal evidence however not all ghosts have one. This will be visible on a camera."
When a map is loaded in, Ghost Orbs will spawn in the ghost room and float within the room. They look like very small orbs that glide across the screen, generally one at a time. They can be seen on the computer via video cameras, or any type of video camera via the map's video feed, including head mounted cameras.
Depending on the location of the ghost room, ghost orbs can sometimes be seen via the map's CCTVs if the CCTV happens to be facing into the ghost room, allowing detection before even entering the building. Ghost Orbs will periodically shift position around the ghost room, forcing players to be more proactive in locating them.
When the ghost room changes in Professional or Nightmare difficulty, the Ghost Orbs will also move to the new ghost room.
|Banshee||Ghost Orb||D.O.T.S Projector||Fingerprints|
|Hantu||Ghost Orb||Fingerprints||Freezing Temperatures|
|Mare||Ghost Orb||Spirit Box||Ghost Writing|
|Obake||Ghost Orb||EMF Level 5||Fingerprints|
|Onryo||Ghost Orb||Freezing Temperatures||Spirit Box|
|Raiju||Ghost Orb||D.O.T.S Projector||EMF Level 5|
|Revenant||Ghost Orb||Freezing Temperatures||Ghost Writing|
|Yokai||Ghost Orb||D.O.T.S Projector||Spirit Box|
|Yurei||Ghost Orb||D.O.T.S Projector||Freezing Temperatures|
- Because of the periodical moving of Ghost Orbs, searching for them with a hand-held Video Camera is often better than relying on stationary cameras. In addition, this eliminates back-and-forth trips to the Truck, especially on large map where sanity preservation is most important.
- A player in the truck can view their teammates' head mounted cameras during the initial search for the ghost room to search for Ghost Orbs.
- It is better to use a mix of video cameras on tripods and standalone video cameras: though tripods are quite convenient, they are not very tall, and pre-existing surfaces may give a better vantage point.
- When viewing feed from the truck, camera placement is key to detecting Ghost Orbs. A good strategy for detecting them is placing two video cameras in the corners of the room facing each other to maximize coverage. It's also a good idea to place one or more cameras outside the room to catch the ghost if it roams.
- Using video cameras to peer through exit doors, garage doors or windows may allow the player to find Ghost Orbs even before entering the investigation area.
- Ghost Orbs tend to show up in regular intervals. If you don't see any for a long time, try moving the camera or switch to another one.
- Ghost Orbs can be seen on video cameras without night vision and on photo cameras on very high brightness settings.
|Early Access Alpha|
|January 29, 2020||Added Ghost Particle as an evidence type.|
|March 12, 2020||Ghost Particles are now more visible on video cameras.|
|March 14, 2020||Renamed Ghost Particle to Ghost Orb.|
|March 26, 2020||Ghost Orbs are now brighter.|
|June 30, 2020||Ghost Orb positions are now synced between players.|
|August 9, 2020||Ghost Orbs positions are again no longer synced between players.|
|Early Access (Steam)|
|September 26, 2020||Ghost Orbs now spawn in the Ghost Room rather than moving with the Ghost itself.|
|September 28, 2020||Ghost Orb positions are once again synced between players.|
|October 18, 2020||Ghost Orbs will now spawn more towards the middle of the room.|
|0.3.1.0||Ghost Orbs will now change position periodically within the room.|
|0.4.0||Ghost Orbs no longer require night vision to be seen in foggy weather.|
|Ghost Orbs can now also be seen via Photo Cameras if it is foggy.|
|0.4.1.0||Ghost Orbs have been adjusted for better visiblity using night vision.|
|D.O.T.S Projector • EMF Level 5 • Fingerprints • Freezing Temperatures • Ghost Orb • Ghost Writing • Spirit Box|